Yorkshire Fossils Week 2022
With absolutely no county authority, and with no approval from Alan Bennett, Betty Boothroyd, or Judi Dench, I have declared the first week of August to be Yorkshire Fossils Week!
If you want to join me in celebrating Yorkshire fossils, here’s the list of activities I’m involved with, or that I know about, so far:
Monday August 1st (Yorkshire Day)
– Fossil Hunt with Hidden Horizons, Cayton Bay, 11.30am. Book your tickets here.
– Special Fossil Safari with Natural Wonders, Sandsend, nr Whitby, 11am. Book your tickets here.
Tuesday August 2nd
– Dinosaur Footprint Hunt, The Fossil Shop, Scarborough, 10.30am. Book your tickets here.
– Fossil Handling with the Rotunda Geology Group, Rotunda Museum, Scarborough. 10.30am to 12pm and 1.30 to 3pm.
Wednesday August 3rd
– Fossil Hunt with Hidden Horizons, Filey Bay, 12.30pm. Book your tickets here.
– York: 2 billion years of history. Cafe Scientifique, York Guildhall, 7pm. Book your tickets here.
Thursday August 4th
– York Family Fossil Hunt, York Museum Gardens, 10.30am. Book your tickets here.
– York Virtual Fossil Hunt (online via Facebook Live), 2pm.
Friday August 5th
– Fossil Hunt with Hidden Horizons, Cayton Bay, 1pm. Book your tickets here.
– Creatures of Curiosity, Nunnington Hall, Nunnington, North Yorkshire.
– Emma Gibson: Quicksand, Scarborough Art Gallery.
– Yorkshire’s Jurassic World, Yorkshire Museum, York.
My friends Jed and Becky who run the Fossils in t’Hills project will also be contributing online, and I will add any other events I know about here, as soon as I know about them.