Please find below a list of the fossils and geology events and activities I am leading, or involved with, in 2021:
‘Hidden University’ (online fossils classes with Hidden Horizons):
Hidden Horizons family fossil-hunting trips are back, and I will be leading trips to Runswick Bay and Cayton Bay this summer.
New for 2021, our York Hidden History walks (with Dr Simon Rogerson) will start in July, and are going to follow a theme of ‘Elemental York’:
- York Air Walk – Mondays at 10am, meeting at Micklegate Bar.
- York Fire Walk – Mondays at 2pm, meeting outside the Yorkshire Museum.
- York Earth Walk – Thursdays at 10am, meeting at Micklegate Bar.
- York Water Walk – Thursdays at 2pm, meeting outside the Yorkshire Museum.
Earth Science: Learning for Pleasure (online Saturday classes with the University of York’s Centre for Lifelong Learning):
- My 2020-21 classes have now finished, but I will be offering a number of Earth Science learning for pleasure classes again in 2021-22.
Yorkshire Fossil Festival 2021 (Fri Sept 10th to Sun Sept 12th 2021, at the Rotunda Museum, Scarborough):
Northern England’s biggest annual celebration of fossils and palaeontology – more details coming soon!