Please find below a list of the fossils and geology events and activities I am leading, or involved with, in 2021:
New for 2021, our York Hidden History walks (with Dr Simon Rogerson) are now up-and-running, with a theme of ‘Elemental York’. Each walk takes place within the mediaeval city walls of York, and lasts around 2 hours. Tickets are £8 for adults, £4 for 11-to-16-year-olds, and free for under-11s:
- York Air Walk – Mondays at 10am, starting at Micklegate Bar.
- York Fire Walk – Mondays at 2pm, starting outside the Yorkshire Museum.
- York Earth Walk – Thursdays at 10am, starting at Micklegate Bar.
- York Water Walk – Thursdays at 2pm, starting outside the Yorkshire Museum.
- You can also book onto the walks using the Hidden Horizons Facebook page.
‘Hidden University’ (online fossils classes with Hidden Horizons):
- Our Autumn/Winter 2021-22 programme of Hidden University courses will go live later this summer, but will definitely feature classes such as An Introduction to Fossils.
Earth Science: Learning for Pleasure (online Saturday classes with the University of York’s Centre for Lifelong Learning):
- My 2020-21 classes have now finished, but I will be offering a number of Earth Science learning for pleasure classes again in 2021-22.
Yorkshire Fossil Festival 2021 (Fri Sept 10th to Sun Sept 12th 2021, at the Rotunda Museum, Scarborough):
Northern England’s biggest annual celebration of fossils and palaeontology – more details coming soon!